A little of this and a little of that adds up to big value with this treasure chest collection. Drawn from the realms of baseball, football, politics and cultural events, this diverse assortment of collectibles and souvenirs is packed with interesting items, including (3) framed autograph displays. Auction LOA from JSA.
17x21 Framed display "The First Staring Nine In Mets History" muti-signed original artwork drawing with (7) autographs averaging ("8-9") potency with Rich Ashburn, Gus Bell, Hobie Landrith, Felix Mantilla, Charlie Neal, Frank Thomas and Don Zimmer
11-1/2 x 17" Gil Hodges framed display with signed index card ("8-9") and 8x10 photo
11x14 Whitey Ford framed display with signed 8x10 photo ("8") with "58 W. Series" inscription
(2) 1960s Green base bobble head dolls, both with "1962 MIJ" copyright stamp: Boston Red Sox boy face presents spectacular NM+ details with deference to light traces of writing on the back and very minor touches of decal wear; Detroit Tigers mascot face also very appealing with EX-MT details, has one 1/4" abrasion on the base decal and light traces of writing on the back
1958-1962 Hartland Hank Aaron statue with bat, head was broken off and repaired at the neck, otherwise shows EX-MT detail
(5) Life Magazine issues average (VG-EX to EX): 4/1/46 "Cardinals Pitcher"; (2) 4/28/58 "Willie Mays Leads Giants Into San Francisco"; 7/21/58 "Roy Campanella Sits Up and Smiles"; 6/20/69 "Behind the Namath Affair"
(3) 1970s-1980s Full-Size pennants: (1) baseball: SF Giants (VG-EX); (2) football: WFL Philadelphia Bell (EX) with pinhole at point, USFL Philadelphia Stars (EX) with pinhole at point
1974 Topps baseball team facsimile signature checklist card set of (24) on uncut sheet (VG-EX) with partial split at center
(8) 1963-1971 Baseball cards/inserts: (5) 1963 Bazooka All-Time Greats average (VG-EX to EX-MT) with: #5 Pennock, #25 Chance, #28 Vance, #30 Landis, #37 Griffith; (2) 1967 Topps posters: #21 Kaline (GD), #23 Killebrew (GD); 1971 Topps #1 Orioles team card presents VG-EX detail with deference to color touch-ups on the edges
1962 Japanese baseball postmarked FDC (EX)
c.1950s N.Y.U. college football pin with ribbons and charm (EX-MT)
1/2/58 Orange Bowl "Fire Pageant" ticket (GD)
(4) 1968 Richard Nixon related items: campaign brochure with ribbon (VG-EX); 10/31/68 "Victory Rally" ticket stub (GD); (2) 3/4" pins: "Nixon" on blue field (EX), "Nixon's the One!" (EX) pinback absent
(6) 1964 World's Fair items: (2) 4x4 photos (EX, VG); (4) badges average (EX to NM)
Frames included with lots: while we make every effort to protect the frames included in these lots during pre-auction storage and post-auction shipping, we are not responsible for any damage to the frames themselves, and no refunds will be given due to frame damage.