Note: The title has been updated to reflect the accurate count.
A venture that never hit its stride, the 1979 Metallic Creations Signature Miniatures series is now scarce and valued. This collector series was packaged by individual player with one statue and one card per box and checklists cobbled together by hobby detectives from various sources indicate there were as many as 38 different subjects. The black-bordered 3-1/2 x 5" cards were reported with a production total of "5,000" and the heavy metal statues were also issued with an alternate silver-plated finish valued at 2X the standard pewter issue, though no numbers were given as to the quantities made. It has also been reported that many were never released and the existence of some is unconfirmed. Based on available information, recent sales and current availability, this offering shapes up as the signature collection of these "Signature Miniatures".
Store display with round plexi-glass case on rotating base with a dual-sided sign on top of the lid, includes (4) pewter statues adhered to base with Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb "with broken bat that is present" and Walter Johnson, along with (4) corresponding cards adhered to the centerpiece, undoubtedly very scarce this fantastic retail display presents in excellent with deference to whiteout on the sign price blocks and curling on the corners of the photo cards
(26) Individual pewter statues in generally excellent to like-new condition, with deference to several with broken or bent bats as noted: (2) Babe Ruth, (2) Lou Gehrig, (1) Ty Cobb ((1) with bent bat), (3) Christy Mathewson, (1) Sandy Koufax, (2) Walter Johnson, (2) Willie Mays, (1) Tris Speaker, (1) Honus Wagner, (2) Willie McCovey ((1) with bat absent), (3) Hank Aaron ((2) with broken bats that are present), (2) Rogers Hornsby, (2) Mel Ott ((1) with bat absent), (2) Davey Lopes
(2) Individual silver-plated statues, both in like-new condition: (1) Thurman Munson, (1) Davey Lopes
(16) Black-bordered cards with stat backs: (1) Nolan Ryan "tough SP" (EX), (1) Babe Ruth (VG), (1) Walter Johnson (VG-EX+), (1) Christy Mathewson (VG-EX), (2) Honus Wagner (VG-EX, VG), (2) Mel Ott (EX, VG), (1) Tris Speaker (VG+), (1) Hank Aaron (EX), (3) Rod Carew (average EX to EX+), (1) Ron Guidry (EX), (2) Steve Garvey (EX-MT, VG-EX)
(2) Black-bordered cards with blank backs: (1) Hank Aaron (GD), (1) Davey Lopes (EX)
(15) Cards printed on photo stock with rounded corners and blank backs (average EX-MT to NM+) unless noted: (2) Babe Ruth, (1) Lou Gehrig, (1) Ty Cobb, (3) Walter Johnson with ((1) VG-EX), (2) Christy Mathewson, (3) Rogers Hornsby, (2) Honus Wagner, (1) Tris Speaker
Also present are (8) boxes in better condition: Mel Ott stamped, "+ Clemente" written; Walter Johnson stamped; Rogers Hornsby stamped; Hank Aaron stamped, "+ Munson" written; Mel Ott stamped, "Davy Lopes" written; Mel Ott stamped and blacked over, "W. Johnson" written; "R. Hornsby" written; "Willie McCovey" written