Count the great moments provided by the players assembled in this group and you better have a whole of time on your hands. This Perez-Steele “Great Moments” complete set of (108) is populated with baseball’s true elite and if that isn’t enough to grab your attention, we’ll point out that a whopping total of (59) of these prestigious art cards are autographed by a blockbuster battalion of Hall of Fame members. Styled after the classic T3 Turkey Red cabinet cards of the early 1900s, this 1990s creation boasts the work of celebrated sports artist Dick Perez on 5-3/4 x 8” cards that are truly magnificent.
Comprised of (108) cards divided into nine series, this fabulous set reports as (average NM to MT), with all nine original factory boxes present and accounted for and all cards printed with matching LE number “1,561/5,000”. The (59) autographed cards show spectacular (average “9-10”) signature strength throughout. Auction LOA from JSA.
Key signers are:
Mickey, Willie & The Duke card #87 signed by Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays and Duke Snider
(10) Members of the illustrious “500 Home Run Club”: Hank Aaron, Ernie Banks, Harmon Killebrew, Mickey Mantle, Eddie Mathews, Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Frank Robinson, Mike Schmidt and Ted Williams
(4) Other big ticket guys: Lefty Gomez, Catfish Hunter, Sandy Koufax and Stan Musial
Balance of Signers are:
(3) Great Negro League Stars: Ray Dandridge, Monte Irvin and Buck Leonard
(16) Mound Masters: Jim Bunning, Steve Carlton, Bob Feller, Rollie Fingers, Whitey Ford, Fergie Jenkins, Bob Lemon, Juan Marichal, Hal Newhouser, Jim Palmer, Gaylord Perry, Robin Roberts, Tom Seaver, Warren Spahn, Hoyt Wilhelm and Early Wynn
(8) Top Sluggers: Johnny Bench, Al Kaline, Ralph Kiner, Johnny Mize, Duke Snider, Willie Stargell, Billy Williams and Carl Yastrzemski
(14) Slick Fielders and All-Arounders: Luis Aparicio, Lou Boudreau, Lou Brock, Bobby Doerr, Rick Ferell, Billy Herman, George Kell, Al Lopez, Joe Morgan, (2) different Pee Wee Reese (seen solo and with non-signer Jackie Robinson), Brooks Robinson, Red Schoendienst and Enos Slaughter
(2) Other: manager Earl Weaver and umpire Al Barlick
And (1) Yogi Berra, because he’s a category of his own
Also present are (49) unsigned with Roy Campanella, Roberto Clemente, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig, Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson, Jackie Robinson, Babe Ruth, Cy Young and (40) other greats