A sweet little bundle of autographs and memorabilia is assembled, with this balance of collection lot of (40). Emphasizing New York City baseball teams, this diverse selection packs a lot of collecting clout. Immortals such as Joe DiMaggio, Hank Aaron and Willie Mays are represented with various signed flats and a Cliff Johnson game-used bat that shows a tremendous degree of authentic appeal. A bit deeper into this collection, we find something very unusual, with (6) single/multi-signed paper plates that include some seriously tough autographs, and there's plenty more to recommend this interesting offering. Auction LOA from JSA for signed items.
Cliff Johnson game-used Louisville Slugger "Genuine 114" model bat with facsimile signature, presents handsomely with abundant signs of authentic use, including contact marks on the barrel and heavy tape on the handle. The number "6" is written on the knob, indicating the bat dates from his 1972-1977 tenure with the Houston Astros.
1975 Yankees Old Timer's Day program dual-signed on the back cover by Joe DiMaggio ("7") and Sparky Lyle ("8-9")
Willie Mays signed ("9") 1975 SSPC card (VG)
Hank Aaron single-signed ("7") 1977 Sportscaster card (EX)
Multi-signed 9" paper plate with (13) autographs (average "8-9") with: Cloyd Boyer, Jim Konstanty (d.1976), Hector Lopez, Phil Rizzuto (HOF), Joe Collins, Billy Martin (d.1989), Johnny Blanchard, Tom Henrich, Vic Raschi, Billy Herman (HOF, d.1192), Sparky Lyle, Judy Johnson (HOF, d.1989) and Elston Howard (d.1980)
Dual-Signed 9" paper plate with Willie Mays ("8-9") and Phil Rizzuto ("9")
(4) Single-Signed 9" paper plates (average "8-9") with: Ron Blomberg; Bud Harrelson (personalized), Elliott Maddox, Bill White
9/2/52 Yankees program scored for the second game of a doubleheader with Mickey Mantle going 1/3 with a run scored and two RBI (FR) due to a 1" tear radiating in from the spine, 3" up from the bottom, otherwise presents much better
(16) Autographed Topps baseball cards, cards range (VG to EX-MT), autographs average ("8-9"): (5) Hall of Famers: 1973 Johnny Bench; (2) Rod Carew: 1968, 1975; 1976 Brooks Robinson; 1974 Nolan Ryan; and (11) others: (4) Joe Pepitone: 1967, 1970, 1971, 1972 In Action; (2) Joe Pignatano: 1959, 1960; (2) Felix Millan: 1969, 1970 All-Star; 1970 Del Unser, 1973 Bob Aspromonte; 1976 Randy Jones
(2) Louisville Slugger 16" mini-bats, both (NM) with Roberto Clemente facsimile signature model; and 1985 Minor League Meetings at San Diego
(2) Yankees 1978 World Series Game 5 ticket stubs (FR, PR)
(6) Assorted autographed flats (average ("8-9") with: (3) 4x5 photos: Rod Carew, Bud Harrelson, Felix Millan; (2) Ed Kranepool on Mets logo paper coasters; Lou Pinella Worldwide Enterprises advertisement card (personalized)
Half-sheet of lined paper with (3) autographs (average "8-9") including Russ Nixon, sheet is heavily wrinkled
1975 Yankees Old Timer's Day program (GD)
c.1970s Baseball The Now Career brochure (EX+)