Join the rowdy "Gashouse Gang" with this 1934 St. Louis Cardinals autograph near set of (30/31). One of the most colorful World Series champion teams in baseball history, the '34 Cardinals squad was stacked with gritty and determined players, including seven Hall of Famers. This signed index card/cut collection inludes (20/21) players that were on the 1934 Cardinals postseason roster, including (5) HOFers. Also present are autographs of the other (10) players, including (1) HOFer, that were with the team during the regular season; and corresponding 8x10 photos for all of the (30) signers. The lone absent autograph is that of HOFer Jesse Haines. All of the included players have gone on to play at the "Field of Dreams", some many years ago representing some seriously tough signatures. Signature quality averages ("8-9") strength unless noted and the photos present as (NM to NM-MT). Auction LOA from JSA.
(4) HOFer signed 3x5 index cards and corresponding 8x10 photos with: Frankie Frisch (d.1973), Joe Medwick (d.1975), Burleigh Grimes (d.1985) and "Dazzy" Vance ("7", d.1961)
(3) HOFer/Star signature cuts and corresponding photos with: Leo Durocher (d.1991) dual-signed with another Frankie Frisch autograph, "Dizzy" Dean (d.1974) and "Pepper" Martin (d.1965)
(3) Long deceased players signature cuts that are considered seriously tough and corresponding photos: "Chick" Fullis (d.1946), Bill DeLancey ("7", d.1946) and Jim Lindsey (d.1963)
(16) Signed index cards and corresponding photos with: "Tex" Carleton (d.1977), Bill Walker (d.1966), Bill Hallahan (d.1981), Jim Mooney (d.1979), "Ripper" Collins (d.1970), Ernie Orsatti (d.1968), Jack Rothrock (d.1980), "Spud" Davis (d.1984), Francis Healy (d.1997), "Whitey" Whitehead (d.1993), Pat Crawford (d.1994), Lew Riggs (d.1975), Flint Rehm (d.1969), Buster Mills (d.1991), "Kiddo" Davis (d.1983) and "Lefty" Heise (d.1999)
(4) Signature cuts and corresponding photos with: Paul Dean (d.1981), Jim Winford (d.1970), "Red" Worthington (d.1963) and Gene Moore (d.1978)
Also present are (3) 8x10 photos without corresponding autographs with: Jesse Haines, 1934 Cardinals team and multi-player dugout scene